The human body is made up of diverse parts that works together with the sole purpose of keeping you alive. Well, here are some interesting facts about your body you didn’t know.
So, DID YOU KNOW?
- The human brain is sometimes more active when you’re asleep than when you’re awake. Ever wonder why you wake up in the morning feeling tired, well this could be it.
- Also, very interesting is the ability of the brain to generate enough electricity to power a light bulb. Mmm… Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
- The average person has 67 different species of bacteria in their belly button. Ewww…
- Scientists estimate that the nose can recognize a trillion different scents! Yes; For instance, having the ability to tell between the different smell of groundnut, from cooked, baked, roasted, fried or even in soup. We can even smell if there’s a new born in the building. This leads me to another interesting fact
- Babies don’t shed tears until they’re at least one month old. You’ve got to be kidding? I could have sworn that newborns shed tears but, point taken.
- Bodies give off a tiny amount of light that’s too weak for the eye to see. Does this mean in the right amount of darkness humans will practically glow? Cool.
- Your blood makes up about eight percent of your body weight. Really? That’s quite small. One would think it will be more than that considering the fact that loosing blood can lead to life threatening situation.
- The liver is the largest internal organ and it operates like a chemical processing factory having about 500 different jobs; phew! That must be hectic. Can you imagine having one job role with over 200 tasks?
- The appendix stores ‘good bacteria’ which is important for the function of the digestive system especially after it has been poorly active. Well, I’m sure most of us if not all used to think that this tiny little organ was useless. So update the knowledge.
- You Can’t Breathe and Swallow Simultaneously; I bet you just tried that…I did too. So true right?